Sunday, February 8, 2015

Wonder

The book Wonder was a very positive experience for me to read. Wonder is a book about truth and decisions that families make everyday that deals with their children who have disabilities. I have never had much of an interest in reading books but I loved reading this one. I feel that many children go through this experience everyday all over the world. I would recommend this book to anyone and would ask them to read it with an open mind. I would also read this book to my younger cousins and family to show them how everyone is different and that everyone deserves the same treatment even if they look a little different. As I said before, I really enjoyed this book and would read it again.




3 comments:

  1. Definitely, when reading this book, you have to have an open mind. It would be great for younger children to read and learn a very valuable lesson on friendship and being kind in general. You should definitely read it to your cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to read a book that makes me want to be a better person, and that's exactly the effect Wonder had on me. I think most of us enjoy books that do this for us. And when it happens, we can't help but want to share that feeling on, which is what I hear both of you echoing here. Palacio definitely made an impact with this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you responded to the book Malia. I really enjoyed the book also, I was not too sure of it from the little summary on it but I would recommend it to anyone and would read it over again. i agree with you that other children get made fun of a lot during school and it is just not right to make someone very upset.

    ReplyDelete