Friday, April 17, 2015

Poetry


The poetry 180 book was very well written for young adult students. I wish that I could have had a poetry book that I could have read everyday at school.  The poem that meant the most to me was To a Daughter Leaving Home by Linda Pastan. This poem reminded me of how my mom was when I went off to college because I am her only daughter and the first one to leave home.

2 comments:

  1. After you shared this poem with me, it really made me think about how parents feel when their kids leave home. For us, it's not a huge deal and we're so ready to go out on our own. For mother's they carried us for nine months, gave birth to us, and then raised us for 18+ years just to have us up and leave with nothing to leave behind except memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled To a Daughter Leaving Home by Linda Pastan and I really enjoyed it too. I liked the last line where she wrote, "...the hair flapping behind you like a handkerchief waving goodbye." That was a neat simile. I also like both your's and Alexis's perspectives about how this poem relates to us leaving home and coming to college.

    ReplyDelete