The Face on the Milk Carton
By: Caroline Cooney
The first cover is the most recent cover and it is the one that is on shelves today. I do not like it as well as the other ones because it makes the book look like it is about a ghost and not a girl that was kidnapped at a young age. I like the book covers that have the picture of the girl on the milk carton because it shows you that the book is really about a young girl that was kidnapped. The title font and word capitalization is different on each of these different book covers.
I remember seeing this book when I was in middle school and really wanting to read it. However, six or so years later, I still have yet to read it. I had no idea there were this many different book covers for it! That's a lot. I think the second one from the bottom is my favorite. It looks like it illustrates the general plot of the book the best. It is different in that it doesn't have a blunt picture of a milk carton on it. I agree with you that the most recent book cover makes the book look like it is about a ghost.
ReplyDeleteI have never read this book, but I think it is very interesting how many covers there are! This really makes me question how many books I have picked up due to the cover alone, and how many books I have passed over because that specific cover wasn't intriguing enough. To me, the most interesting book cover is the first one, because it seems the most mysterious. However, the one that I like the most is the last one, because of its vintage style.
ReplyDeleteI read this book for this class and the most recent book cover I am also not a fan of it because it just makes it look like a scary book when it really is not. My favorite cover is the second one because it corresponds with that the book is about.
ReplyDelete